Thinking about incorporating your business online? Here’s what you need to know as you decide what’s right for your business.
Nearly all small business owners come to the point at which they must decide whether or not they should incorporate their businesses. Incorporating your business online has emerged as a valid option to consider. The process of incorporating online has become increasingly popular for new entrepreneurs. They know it’s time to protect their personal assets and save money at tax time.
Each business’s situation is different. But there are pros and cons every business owner will want to think through before they move forward with online incorporation services.
Exploring the Pros of Incorporating Online
When it comes to typical start-up businesses, entrepreneurs are working hard to strike a balance between all of the costs necessary to grow. Incorporating online may seem like the most budget-friendly option for new business owners trying to get a business off the ground.
In addition to cost-savings, other benefits of going through the incorporation process online include:
- Convenience: Having to find the right attorney or business compliance service and carve out the time to schedule an appointment can seem like too much effort. Being able to hop online and click some boxes in an online form from the comfort of one’s office is an attractive scenario. After all, many business owners who already feel like they have too many items on their to-do list.
- Comfort: Let’s face it, business owners get tired of being around people. When they aren’t managing the day-to-day tasks of their businesses, the last thing they want to do is go sit in someone’s office and talk through the incorporation process. Doing it online seems easier and requires far less energy for an overtaxed business owner.
- Simplicity and Speed: Most new business owners are strapped for time and they want to find ways to save time and hassle whenever they can. Doing it online seems like the quickest way to accomplish those objectives.
Understanding the Cons of Incorporating Online
There’s a flip side to incorporating through the internet that the online services would prefer entrepreneurs not consider. But it’s important to take a closer look to ensure you are making the right decision for your business. Convenience, speed, and cost-savings are great, but not if they are a hindrance to long-term business success.
Here are some of the negative aspects you shouldn’t overlook:
- Legal Risk: Not having a qualified professional handling the filing can leave you open to legal issues in the future. An online service tends to be far less thorough than a company that files business incorporations regularly.
- Getting What You Pay For: It may sound cliché, but entrepreneurs who have gone through this process can tell you although it may cost more to go with an expert to incorporate, paying less often means you will get a lower quality service.
- Impersonal Service: With an online service, it’s unlikely you’ll have access to qualified business incorporation experts who can answer your questions and provide personalized services to meet your needs. It’s worth a lot to have access to professionals who can steer you in the right direction.
Our Experts at Incompass Are Here to Guide You
Our team at Incompass Tax, Estate and Business Solutions is ready to help you. We’ll help you take your small business to the next level with professional incorporation services. Let us take the worry and hassle out of the process. There’s no need to go the cheap and easy route by incorporating online. Your business deserves better! Contact us today to start the paperwork to incorporate your business.